Monday, March 26, 2007

Sad News

My grandma called me today to tell me that my grandpa came home from the doctors and he said to her that when he dies he wants to be burried next to his son and that he always loved her and she said she freaked out bc he said it crying. When she asked him what was wrong he said nothing was wrong.

3 weeks ago I took him to get a study at the Urologyst and I can't remember what it was for, he said it was to check his liver and bladder. So today he went to get the results and the above paragraph is what happend after he came home from the doc. I remember when I was in PR for vacations that he called me and said he had cancer and was going to have surgery I freaked out and told him to stop joking and he said "just joking but I need you to take me to the docs X day for a biopsy" I said ok and now thinking way back on this it makes me wonder if they had told him he probably has cancer and it was confirmed today!

He wont tell no one nothing except for "everything came back fine" but he has to go once every three weeks for a injection and he was given Spectra(I asume he has an infection somewhere). My mom told him she was going to call the doctor and he said "don't waste your time bc I told the doctor not to give out any info" My grandpa is a strong person he never cries but today you just know there is something terrible happening to him. I know we have to give him time and that when he's ready he'll tell us what's wrong but it's killing me!

My family members are driving me nuts bc they want for him to say what's wrong and I keep telling them to leave him alone as he will talk when he's ready. Now I have my aunt calling his doctor for a explanation and I told her he wont say nothing bc it's the law and she said that if he dont say nothing she will schedule an appoitment with his doctor and is gonna force him to go! His next appoitment is april 16 for his next injection and I told him I wanted to go with him if he allows me and he said yes.

But deep down inside I think it's Bladder Cancer I did some research on Bilharzia which my grandfather got when he was young, someone told me you never get rid of it. Anyway I googled it and found that in the long run it could lead to some diseases including bladder cancer and I googled bladder cancer and I saw that one of the treatmeants for early stages of bladder cancer is Biologic therapy.

Biologic therapy is a treatment that uses the patient’s immune system to fight cancer. Substances made by the body or made in a laboratory are used to boost, direct, or restore the body’s natural defenses against cancer. This type of cancer treatment is also called biotherapy or immunotherapy. I googled that and found that you get a injection every few weeks(he has to go every 3 weeks for injection) for a period of time.

I came to this conclusion bc from the past I know he constantly pees blood and has had many biopsys and problems with his bladder and prostate. I hope I'm wrong but I have decided to wait until he is ready to talk about it I told him he has my support 110% and that I will ALWAYS be there for him.

No comments: